IT Essentials curriculum provides an introduction to the computer hardware and software skills needed to help meet the growing demand for entry-level ICT professionals. The curriculum covers the fundamentals of comuter hardware and software as well as advanced concepts such as security, networking, and the responsibilities of an ICT professional.
The curriculum includes the following features:
- Students develop working knowledge of how computers operate, how to assemble computers, and how to troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
- Hands-on labs and virtual learning tools help students develop critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills.
- The course emphasizes the practical application of skills and procedures needed to install and upgrade hardware and software and troubleshoot systems.
- Cisco Packet Tracer simulation-based learning activities allow students to experiment with network designs and configurations.
- Interactive assessments provide immediate feedback to support the evaluation of acquired knowledge and skills.
The IT Essentials (ITE) curriculum emphasizes practical experience to help students develop fundamental computer and career skills. ITE helps students prepare for entry-level career opportunities in ICT and the CompTIA A+ certification. The course also provides a learning pathway to Cisco CCNA .
Please refer to the IT Essentials 5.0 Instructor Resource Spotlight page for helpful resources.
Cisco Packet Tracer
Packet Tracer is an integral part of the CCNA curriculum. Packet Tracer provides simulation, visualization, authoring, assessment, and collaboration capabilities and facilitates the teaching and learning of complex technology concepts. Learn more about Cisco Packet Tracer.
To preview the courses, please enroll in the Networking Academy Course Previews for Instructors. The Course Previews contain all the available Networking Academy courses arranged by curriculum, course, and language.