The Cisco Networking Academy CCNA Security course provides a next step for individuals who want to enhance their CCNA-level skill set and help meet the growing demand for network security professionals. The curriculum provides an introduction to the core security concepts and skills needed for the installation, troubleshooting, and monitoring of network devices to maintain the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of data and devices.
CCNA Security includes the following features:
- Students develop an in-depth, theoretical understanding of network security principles as well as the tools and configurations available.
- The courses emphasize the practical application of skills needed to design, implement, and support network security.
- Hands-on labs help students develop critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills.
- Packet Tracer simulation-based learning activities promote the exploration of networking security concepts and allow students to experiment with network behavior and ask “what if” questions.
- Innovative assessments provide immediate feedback to support the evaluation of knowledge and acquired skills.
- Can be delivered in-person or in a blended distance learning (BDL) environment
CCNA Security is a hands-on, career-oriented e-learning solution with an emphasis on practical experience to help students develop specialized security skills to advance their careers. The curriculum helps prepare students for entry-level security career opportunities Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS) certification exam (640-554) leading to the Cisco CCNA Security certification.
CCNA Security can be delivered as an independent curriculum or integrated into a broader course of study, such as technology or continuing education programs. The curriculum can be offered in an in-person or a blended distance learning (BDL) environment. All hands-on labs in the course can be completed on actual physical equipment or in conjunction with the NDG NETLAB solution, which provides remote access to equipment over the Internet.
Cisco Packet Tracer
Packet Tracer is an integral part of the CCNA curriculum. Packet Tracer provides simulation, visualization, authoring, assessment, and collaboration capabilities and facilitates the teaching and learning of complex technology concepts. Learn more about Cisco Packet Tracer.
To preview the courses, please enroll in the Networking Academy Course Previews for Instructors. The Course Previews contain all the available Networking Academy courses arranged by curriculum, course, and language.